- Leave covered with SaniDerm for 72 to 120 hours (Three to five days). Your artist will recommend a desired time period to keep the tattoo covered.
- Wash hands with antibacterial soap (I.e. Dial Gold liquid hand soap).
- Remove bandage and wash by hand with antibacterial soap (no wash cloth) Pat dry with paper towel (Do not rub.) Do not re-bandage.
- Apply a very light layer of Lubriderm. Repeat steps (2-4) three times a day for the next two weeks.
- Do NOT submerge your new tattoo in bath water, pools, hot tubs, lakes, etc. for two weeks. No tanning for the first two week. Excessive exposure to the sun can cause deterioration to the tattoo. Sun block is recommended after the tattoo is healed completely.
- Do NOT pick/scratch the dry or scabbed areas on the tattoo. Let them flake off naturally as you would any other scab. Picking at the unsealed tattoo WILL cause light spots in the tattoo.
- It is very beneficial to drink a lot of water during the healing process.
- If you have ANY questions, please call the shop. We are always willing to answer your questions or help any way we can.
- Thank you once again for choosing Carmel Tattoo Ink. We are the only tattoo shop in existence to guarantee their tattoos for life. So long as the above steps are followed, we will perform any and all touch-ups we deem to be necessary for free (FOR LIFE).